G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase

+13
blaq's 73
taz575
Malicruiser
Famstyle
Jedediah
1973 454 MONTE
Limey SE
74MonteCarlo
laguna55
badtemper44
ant7377
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
bigredlaguna
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase   - Page 3 Empty Re: Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase

Post by blaq's 73 Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:53 pm

How did you make out on that dash? I did mine a few years ago. Did yoou ever make the mold? I have a 2 piece and I am thinking of doing a custom one piece just haven't gotten around to pulling the old one and mocking it up..
Here are a couple pics of it.[img]Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase   - Page 3 Elco_114[/img]
[img]Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase   - Page 3 Elco_115[/img]
[img]Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase   - Page 3 Elco_116[/img]
blaq's 73
blaq's 73
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase   - Page 3 Empty Re: Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase

Post by 77mali Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:34 am

That's freakin' cool.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:33 pm

Dude anymore progress?
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkcalling1 Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:50 pm

Doing same kind of thing with mine I think I don't have the connections nor are parts quite that cheap up here in the great white north. I did how ever hear once that the front spindles from the caprice's fit as well allowing larger disc set ups? Not sure true or not waiting for some warmer weather to start raiding all the pick and pulls. For now it's ebay and kijiji up here it's better then craigs list. Got new tail lights found will fiberglass one of my 2 dashs as well repair the spare nose and sell for extra money. Also did the magnet test on the quarters on the car not sueree why he gave me and extra set they seem solid. Also I have the original 400 block and crank both tested out fine and a 350/350 running combo in the car with supposedly 30000km on them. on them

Last edited by Darkcalling1 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Darkcalling1
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:00 pm

The one thing to watch for with the caprice spindle/brake set up is if you use 1LE parts (police car) the bolt pattern will change from 4.75 to 5 inch. The caprice rear end as well as the trailing arms and rear sway bar are also a bolt in. Beer
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Biomedtech Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:50 pm

They are selling a nice front kit on FeeBay for $649.00....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=230937881687

Here we go laguna clone pro touring build begining phase   - Page 3 Front10

Saving up my pennies...

Only thing I need to ask the seller is whether these are made in the USA or cheap Chinese crap
Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:59 pm

Wow that's nice.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:00 pm

That's a really slick setup. Thanks for posting it. Smoking one note: you need 17" or larger diameter wheels....so no vintage slot mags.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:09 pm

I was reading the description and it says 13" rotor & "will fit most 17" & larger wheels". What size are your rims Bio?
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Biomedtech Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:09 am

15" in Western Hurricanes for now but saving up for Boss 338's When I make the switch to big brakes.
Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkcalling1 Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:31 pm

Was doing some checking on those guys few bad reports about improper fitment and hard to deal with poor service. So maybe google them and see what you find as well.

Darkcalling1
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3