G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELPPPP someone with this bolt/rod?

+2
driveit
thatfnthing
6 posters

Go down

HELPPPP someone with this bolt/rod? Empty HELPPPP someone with this bolt/rod?

Post by thepossumface Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:44 pm

OKay so i was turning the motor over oil pump down and some rod thing fell out the motor as i was turniing it were does it go?
i remember seeing one at the front of the camshaft but i have no idea oh how to get in back in or what i need to do any help?
thepossumface
thepossumface
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

HELPPPP someone with this bolt/rod? Empty Re: HELPPPP someone with this bolt/rod?

Post by thatfnthing Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:54 pm

Sounds like fuel pump rod -- rides on the cam and pushed the fuel pump lever. Goes back into a slot up front inside the fuel pump mounting boss.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

HELPPPP someone with this bolt/rod? Empty Re: HELPPPP someone with this bolt/rod?

Post by driveit Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:06 pm

Sounds like it to me!
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruisr Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:18 pm

when you o to reinstall the fuel pump push rod, there is a bolt boss on the front of the block, (the top hole) is threaded all the way thru. Find a bolt about 1 1/2-2 inches long and thread into hole without tools, this is used to keep fuel push rod in place when replacing fuel pump! Be sure to remove before starting engine, and use a 3/4 inch bolt with thread sealant to protect against oil leaks.
Bruisr
Bruisr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by thepossumface Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:06 pm

yea it was my fuel rod, i todally forgot about it haha had a stupid moment
thepossumface
thepossumface
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:20 pm

Make sure to put it back in with the polished end (top) toward the cam, where it's mated. You will notice witness marks on the other end (bottom) from the pump arm.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:49 pm

HELPPPP someone with this bolt/rod? DSC03627res10
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by thepossumface Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:47 am

yeah i got it in right thanks yall
thepossumface
thepossumface
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down