G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hate winter

+30
77mali
thatfnthing
Joe73
knightfan26917
ant7377
lars
Wallyuph
SSTOOLMAN
Roadcaptain S3
Mcarlo77
Dinomyte
dynchel
chromejunkie
driveit
BicknellWelding
Biomedtech
Tom77
alleyball4
1973 454 MONTE
chevy76monteman
texan01
jrb75
JiMi_DRiX
74Malibu383
orange Juiced
74MonteCarlo
Checyxtc
McCauley5983
abajc3
BlackChevelleSS
34 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

I hate winter - Page 7 Empty Re: I hate winter

Post by pila Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:42 pm

You guys gotta quit with those pictures ! You're getting me all riled up !Very Happy
I would like to see temps above zero over night. The sub-zero stuff is getting out of control ! Shocked

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:58 pm

Paul (Mali)...I see congrats are in order for you guys in Boston achieving 100" of snow on the season!  LOL (don't hit me!)  Beer

At this point, nothing left to do but concede defeat to 'ol man winter and set your sights on setting a new record seasonal snowfall so you have something to show for all this grief.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:13 am

Bill take a cold shower (or a hot one w/ the Mrs.) Wink

Ha, Ha Steve! I think we're within striking distance of #2 snowiest winter ever which I remember well (1995-96).  I could care less at this point though to be honest.  If I never see another snowflake I'd be a happy man.   On the plus side- we have had some melting and there is a strange bright yellow orb in the sky which I think somehow looks familiar but I'm having trouble remembering...
sunny
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:18 am

I'm not sure, or a fan of suspected climate change, but I hope this winter weather doesn't become a habit !!
I don't even remember temps at night of 18 degrees below zero in this area, and I've been here for 83 years ! Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:53 am

How sad is it that there's a 29° day coming up in the 10-day forecast and when I saw it I got excited!
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:35 am

Obviously not as bad here as there, but

We have a mid forties coming next week...with rain. That means the snow piles will melt and I get to worry about the sump pump and run off. yay.

The good news is that there is some grass visible for the first time in weeks.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:26 am

-9 Degrees tonight and - 9 again tomorrow night, I am sick of it. It was 4 degrees this morning when I was fumbling for keys to get in to work today and I am so used to the cold temps my hands weren't even cold... That's scary!
I am sad to say I did something I said I would never do, I am kicking my 03 Bonneville SSEI down the road and bought a FOREGN CAR!!! 09 Nissan Maxima SV Sport with the technology package. I will say its a nice car, (at least its built/ assembled here) I think my hands weren't cold this morning because I had the heated steering wheel on all the way to work!
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:56 am

SSTOOLMAN wrote:I am sad to say I did something I said I would never do, I am kicking my 03 Bonneville SSEI down the road and bought a FOREGN CAR!!! 09 Nissan Maxima SV Sport with the technology package. I will say its a  nice car, (at least its built/ assembled here) I think my hands weren't cold this morning because I had the heated steering wheel on all the way to work!

The lines have blurred so much these days that this doesn't mean what it used to.  All the major foreign manufacturers have at least one assembly plant here, and the majority of the parts on ALL cars (both 'American' and 'foreign') are made in different countries around the globe and shipped to the assembly plant.  Further, with the wheeling and dealing between the parent companies over the past decades (Chrysler/Benz/Fiat/Mitsubishi, GM/Toyota/Suzuki/Opel/Saab, and Ford/Mazda/any-English-brand) the only real distinction left might be where the home office for that particular brand is located.

In the end, it was all about supporting American jobs anyway, which is what you're doing when you buy any car assembled in this country.

My mother-in-law swears by Japanese cars (particularly Toyota) as better built and refuses to buy 'American.'  I didn't bother to tell her her Prius was assembled here from parts made in Mexico.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:50 pm

SSTOOLMAN wrote:-9 Degrees tonight and - 9 again tomorrow night, I am sick of it. It was 4 degrees this morning when I was fumbling for keys to get in to work today and I am so used to the cold temps my hands weren't even cold... That's scary!
I am sad to say I did something I said I would never do, I am kicking my 03 Bonneville SSEI down the road and bought a FOREGN CAR!!! 09 Nissan Maxima SV Sport with the technology package. I will say its a  nice car, (at least its built/ assembled here) I think my hands weren't cold this morning because I had the heated steering wheel on all the way to work!

We have a 02 SSEI that my wife drives. She loves it. We had a 2000 with 284K on it tell it rusted out and was not safe to drive but still running great. I was telling her I need another one to drive to work as my diesel truck never heats up by the time I get to Bus lot and back home 4 round trips a day. so cold truck cold bus repeat repeat.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:00 pm

Spring is right around the corner!  March 1st is this Sunday, which here (usually) means by the time we rip it up on St. Patrick's Day  
Drinking Party Beer Drinking Party  
the snow is gone and we stop slashing the tires of those misguided neighbors who park in the spaces we've dug out. Laughing
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:32 pm

Wallyuph wrote:
SSTOOLMAN wrote:-9 Degrees tonight and - 9 again tomorrow night, I am sick of it. It was 4 degrees this morning when I was fumbling for keys to get in to work today and I am so used to the cold temps my hands weren't even cold... That's scary!
I am sad to say I did something I said I would never do, I am kicking my 03 Bonneville SSEI down the road and bought a FOREGN CAR!!! 09 Nissan Maxima SV Sport with the technology package. I will say its a  nice car, (at least its built/ assembled here) I think my hands weren't cold this morning because I had the heated steering wheel on all the way to work!

We have a 02 SSEI that my wife drives. She loves it. We had a 2000 with 284K on it tell it rusted out and was not safe to drive but still running great. I was telling her I need another one to drive to work as my diesel truck never heats up by the time I get to Bus lot and back home 4 round trips a day. so cold truck cold bus repeat repeat.

Well drive on down to Madison and come get it! Its Dark Blue with the factory chrome 17" wheels, good tires, moon roof, still shines, small paint bubble under the gas door couple (typical) great interior, heated dark grey leather,  Heads up display,  premium Monsoon/ Bose 8 speaker stereo. I haven't had it on a lift But I am thinking no rust underneath. 137K( Barely broke in by your standards) never in an accident,  everything works! My daily driver since I bought it with 42,000 mi.  Iowa car. Only bad valve covers and lower intake gaskets seeping, again typical with the 3800. I have all the premium gaskets to repair but been on the back burner. $3500 as she sits with the gaskets or $4000 done. KBB private party is $3650 Fair $4045 Good and $4475 Very Good if you stake stock in such things.
Bring that AC box we were talking  about last spring and we will make that part of the deal!
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:35 pm

heater box is gone sorry. I wish i could swing that for the car but its not in my budget the wife said.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by lars Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:36 pm

Just in the spirit of the snow talk, here's a picture I took about a month ago:

I hate winter - Page 7 2015-010

I hate driving it in the snow and salt, but during two weeks of Winter Break I needed the funds. It worked out though, did a whole break job (fronts and rears) by myself, got an exhaust leak fixed, and did some more bondo.

I got my car washed and the "underbody spray" done before putting it back in the garage. I'd like to think it'll help with the salt. Probably more placebo affect than anything.
lars
lars
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:02 am

Somehow, it seems Mother Nature is trying to change the season schedule. Winter ... seems to start later in the year & last longer into the spring.

*shrugs*

I don't mind snow (even enjoy driving in it) ... just really do not like the cold temperatures, ice & salt that follow it everywhere.....

Cort | www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:05 pm

I did the lower intake manifold in my 99 regal last summer. Wasnt that bad just alot of junk to take off and put back. Have pics handy of another car to remeber where it all goes. On winter, Im done with this sh#& !
Too cold every day.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:09 pm

It snowed yesterday but all it did was whiten the disgusting snow that's been around since early Feb & still hasn't all melted away.  

I cleaned up my BBQ today & just had the most delicious bacon cheeseburger with provolone.
:<P

F**K you 2014/15 winter, you suck!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:26 pm

Paul, I was thinking about you yesterday and if you were getting any snow. Because I was driving through some white stuff in Ma. and the temp was right at 32 degrees. Had my fingers crossed not to hit any black ice.
I was passing through Ma. on my way back from univ. of new hampshire.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:30 pm

Dang it Joe- next time you get up here call me! We can meet up & grab a brewski or 12.

LOL

UNH Dover? You prob went right by my exit on the highway if you took rte 95!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:30 pm

UNH in Durham. I go 84 to 495 to something else. Definitely a long haul.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:45 am

I always get Durham & Dover confused. From my place Durham is like 45 minutes to an hour depending on traffic.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:53 am

77mali wrote:I cleaned up my BBQ today & just had the most delicious bacon cheeseburger with provolone.

Oh, that sounds good.

Really tired of the roller coaster around here. Cold this weekend, now this week is supposed to be in the 50s ... until late in the week & next weekend, of course. SMH.

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"I guess I'm feeling just a little tired of this" __ Keith Urban __ 'You'll Think Of Me'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:16 am

Only 4 weeks til my clubs first bass fishing tojrnament and I still have to get the boat out of hibernation. And respool all my rods.
Then Ill be stripping my undercoating and shooting epoxy on the bottom of the car.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:18 pm

Joe73 wrote:UNH in Durham.  I go 84 to 495 parking lot to something else.  Definitely a long haul.  

Fixed that for you.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:33 pm

Heh...if you think 495 is bad, venture in a few more miles to 128/95 and or 93.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:04 pm

Sorry, I've done those. They were not as bad as the section of 495 from 90 to 95 up to NH and ME. And it ain't even about rush hour -- I've hit it at off hours, weekends, and it never fails to add almost an hour to my trip. And the higher-than-average concentration MA seems to have of left-lane-parkers (more than any other state I've driven in) just makes it that much worse. The only other highway that ranks with 495 as that big a PITA to my experience is 285 outside Atlanta at rush hour.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next