G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hate winter

+30
77mali
thatfnthing
Joe73
knightfan26917
ant7377
lars
Wallyuph
SSTOOLMAN
Roadcaptain S3
Mcarlo77
Dinomyte
dynchel
chromejunkie
driveit
BicknellWelding
Biomedtech
Tom77
alleyball4
1973 454 MONTE
chevy76monteman
texan01
jrb75
JiMi_DRiX
74Malibu383
orange Juiced
74MonteCarlo
Checyxtc
McCauley5983
abajc3
BlackChevelleSS
34 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

I hate winter - Page 3 Empty Re: I hate winter

Post by pila Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:48 am

I can tolerate the cold OK, but my furnace likes natural gas too much when it's this cold !!

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:26 am

It's not bad here about 6 yest am but the freakin wind chill was like -15.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:45 pm

Cold here and just got 2" of new snow. Oh well in less than 24hrs plan to be poolside in AZ with drink in hand. cheers
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:17 pm

I'm jealous. tongue
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Here comes the Blizzard of '13...LOL

Hope all you other North-easterners are ready & make it through unscathed.

Should be lotsa fun the next couple days... Jacking
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:17 pm

Yes, yes I am.

I hate winter - Page 3 R79200

I hate winter - Page 3 T9f8rn

and of course the trusty generator.

Hope everyone makes out good.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:28 pm

Love the quad plow!

Of course the area in which I live is expected to hit the jackpot...they're forecasting between 2-3 ft & drifts.

The media here is aweful...they scare the Turd out of people, so that they panic affraid & our Governor is a real GEM...
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BicknellWelding Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:47 pm

77mali wrote:

The media here is aweful...they scare the Turd out of people, so that they panic affraid & our Governor is a real GEM...

Its illegal to be driving in Mass right now. I've heard its a $500 fine. Basically a scare tactic to keep the morons off the road. By 4:00 this afternoon, absolutely nothing was open.

Just found this-----

"Kurt Schwartz, director of the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency, said at the news conference that the travel ban applies to all roads in the state, but there are various exceptions, such as for public safety, media, and vehicles supplying esssential businesses like convenience stores and hardware stores. Violating the travel ban, he said, could incur a penalty of a year in jail and a $500 fine."

Paul, let me know if you need a plowing tomorrow.
BicknellWelding
BicknellWelding
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:02 pm

Thanks Phil! I just might. LOL

I heard Gov. "Mini-me" signed an executive order today- with the fine & possible jail-time? #$@& him! If I loose power and & have to get the family to the shelter- we sure as hell are not walking the 3 miles in blizzard conditions. No one should be out in this crap joy riding but G*d forbid you have no other choice- he can kiss my arse.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:19 pm

Pardon me for chuckling...but, if you listen to the media coverage that this storm has been given all day today, you'd think Armageddon was about to strike New England! And, to declare fines and jail time for being on the road...are you kidding me?!! It's a snowstorm (albeit; a big one). Happens fairly regularly here in the Upper Midwest. You just stay off the roads if at all possible, shovel...shovel...shovel, and deal with it!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by BicknellWelding Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:38 pm

most people in Massachusetts are Asshats. And think they own the road.

Last edited by BicknellWelding on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
BicknellWelding
BicknellWelding
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:41 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:Pardon me for chuckling...but, if you listen to the media coverage that this storm has been given all day today, you'd think Armageddon was about to strike New England! And, to declare fines and jail time for being on the road...are you kidding me?!! It's a snowstorm (albeit; a big one). Happens fairly regularly here in the Upper Midwest. You just stay off the roads if at all possible, shovel...shovel...shovel, and deal with it!

Our Gov is an "O"wannabe hence his nickname: Mini-Me. We keep electing idiots to the post here in MA. Have not had a decent one since Ed King in the 70's. The Mayor of Boston is another idiot- he can't even speak English well (even by Boston standards)...we call him "Mumbles Menino". I love how the local press will have correspondents out in the elements reporting on conditions in every event such as this. When one of them gets swept out to sea or dies from flying debris or maybe driving into a ditch they might smarten up. It's only a matter of time before it happens.

And yes Asshat or Mass-holes describes many of our drivers. LOL.

Last edited by 77mali on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BicknellWelding Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:43 pm

I'd like to know the amount of money thats been overspent on gas, food, batteries.....in the past few day, because of the fear
BicknellWelding
BicknellWelding
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:48 pm

I went for groceries @ 1:00pm yesterday & just got in before the "big rush". The stores ran out of milk, bread and of course batteries. You might be a bit young to remember '78 (I was 10). We had no school for 2 weeks because everyone was caught off guard. Ever since then people hoard before big storms such as this because it was difficult to get around & find the bare necessities. With today's technology- there is no excuse for it but people ALWAYS wait till the last minute then complain...."There's no bread an milk!!!!!!"
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:53 pm

Oh and many gas stations only had Premium gas left yesterday...I don't feel bad for them, they should know better- it always happens.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BicknellWelding Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:54 pm

I was 6 months old during that blizzard. I dont remember it , but my parents have pics of my brothers burying me in the snow
BicknellWelding
BicknellWelding
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:06 pm

As a 10 year old (It was awesome!), not so much for my parents, LOL.

The drifts were big enough by themselves & then the city just piled the snow on the sidewalks to get things moving until they came in w/ 22 ton dumps & hauled the snow off the major arteries & get this- DUMPED IT IN THE RIVER, HARBOR, OCEAN, BEACHES, etc...

77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Hell...all that gloom and doom forecasting has me wanting to crawl inside an underground bunker...and, I'm 1500 miles away! You guys hang in there and enjoy some well-deserved indoor R & R while watching it snow!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Biomedtech Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:11 pm

And just who is supposed to staff the hospitals If no-one is allowed to drive there?
Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:14 pm

77Mali, this ones for you.... Enjoy.. LOL Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zaVYWLTkU
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:18 pm

They're probably exempt from the order as are the chowder-heads that work for the news stations.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:20 pm

Joe73 wrote:77Mali, this ones for you.... Enjoy.. LOL Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zaVYWLTkU

LMFAO!!!!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:02 am

Paul.you guys had Ted Kennedy (murderer) for how long as senator? State cant be too bright reelecting that bum for so long.Anyhow I remember the blizzard of 78 I was just a little kid. I remember my grandfather and dad throwing snow down the manhole to get rid of it. I wish I had a hole to throw the snow down now. That whoa nelly is piling up quickly. Says something for city living.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:43 am

If your Dad & Grandad did that today the EPA would toss them in jail.

Yes...Teddy K, the reject little brother of Jack & Bobby. Don't forget drunk, pathological liar, lifelong US Senator (just because of his name and the stupidity of the uninformed citizens of my fair state). His father made all his money bootlegging booze during prohibition (*cough-scumbag*) and eventually became ambassador to Ireland. However- you folks have Bloomberg & Cuomo- no prize winners either and why the hell did New Yorkers vote Billery Cliton as your US senator? LOL She's from Arkansas- I think I saw her in Deliverance or was that White Water? Must be the same disease that got to us here when we voted for a new lady Senator from Oklahoma (who is as white as a ghost but claimed she had Cherokee blood) and our Chicago born Governor. All Turd heads. LOL

PS- It's friggin' snowin' like a bastahd out there!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:03 am

Snowin like a bastard here too. Let me tell ya about Hillary. Have you ever been to the Catskill region of NY state? THe friggin poverty would amaze you and no one knows about it,its never brought up,after the destruction of Hurricane Irene its even worse,there is nothing there anymore and of course no one called her out on it she did nothing for that region,nothing at all,one of our members here on this board Im sure can back me up on this. As far as the other two jokers go they are actually running people out of here,they are useless ,the two of them. No where is perfect but why do we have to have so many of these shitheads here?
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next